Saturday, April 25, 2009

Happy Sat.

So far this weekend has been amazing! My most favorite Erin came to town. We spent Friday morning running, then we went to the mall and had a chair massage. Next we picked my little Rory up from school then the three of us when to and had a pedicure, so fun! Rory was a trooper, she did a great job sitting for them! After playing at the part we took Rory home and Erin and I did a little shopping. Sat. morning we slept in, ate a good breakfast, went down town shopping... including American Girl... oh yeah. We came home to a lovely smelling house thanks to the Roast and potato's in the crock pot. We were going to go to Uncommon Grounds on Devon for dessert, but our plans changed when Blake walked out of the bathroom and stepped in a pool of water. Having flooded a few times, my first instinct was to run into the laundry room. I figured the Garden people had put the barrels up again to catch rain water. I opened the door to the laundry room. First mistake. Water was at least 4 or 5 inches high. So the water from the laundry room came flowing into the kitchen.

Then I made my next mistake. After struggling with the back door, I succeeded in getting it open. Then about another 6-8 inches of water came flowing in. I tried my best to shut the door real quick, but the water kept flowing.
So now at 8:45 at night Phys Plant is trying to Vacuum up the water, I have a head ache from the smell. My bed room floor is wet, the front hallway is wet, the bathroom is wet, the kitchen is wet, but the back bed
room is only wet right at the door... weird.

So after all that, happen Saturday to us!

3 comments:

  1. She is not joking kids, Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. wow. wow. that is a lot worse then last time. so i wonder if you will get new carpets for the last few months in your apartment? and did they put the rain barrels back up???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish there would have been a 4th person so we would have evidence that the freezing, dirty water was up to my ankles. :) It was a great time!

    ReplyDelete